PhD Programmes at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
Increasingly in recent years, structured doctoral programmes such as graduate schools and graduate colleges have become established alongside the classic individual route to a doctorate in Germany. Structured doctoral programmes are characterised by a structured teaching programme and the inclusion of a demanding and interdisciplinary field of research.
At the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics the following doctoral programmes are available:
A graduate school is an institution in the field of higher education, which is designed to support young academics. The institutions coupled to a university system usually provide financial support, own lectures and seminars. Frequently, several faculties are working together on an overarching question.
Post Graduate programmes are limited to nine years and are university-based research programmes financed by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- GK 1463: Analysis, Geometry and String Theory
- GK 1620: Models of Gravity
- GK 1627: ViVaCE - Virtual Materials and their Validation
- GK 1729: Fundamentals and Applications of Ultra-Cold Matter
- GK 1991: Quantum Mechanical Noise in Complex Systems
- Integriertes Graduiertenkolleg geo-Q des SFB 1128
- Integriertes Graduiertenkolleg PlanOS des SFB/TRR 123
- Integriertes Graduiertenkolleg Tailored Light (HOT)