Student Council (Fachschaft)
In addition to the professors, the institutes and the administration, a faculty at an university still needs a very important building block: the student body. Their organization and interest representation is regulated by the Departmental Student Society.
Student Council Mathematics and Physics
The faculty offers not only rooms in the Welfenschloss of the University of Hannover, but also a community. Regular actions and events are organized on which new fellow students can be introduced and home exercises and examinations can be forgotten for a moment.
The elected representative is the student representative. It serves as an interface between the professor, committees and students. Some fields of activity are:
- Orientation units for freshmen,
- Support of the student body by the active members,
- Permanent representatives from the student representatives in committees,
- Organization of the examination regulations,
- Participation in the appointment commissions for new appointments of professors.
All interested parties are welcome to the open sessions, which take place every Monday at 6.15 pm in the student representative rooms D414. New faces, unexplained questions, suggestions or proposals for improvement are welcome!